So I must be crazy because I just let Kirsten talk me into running the SV half marathon! There I was minding my own business and buying new running shoes- not to run with, of course, but to wear so others think I am running. Then the real fun began on Monday when I attempted running for the first time in almost 4 years! Soon the familiar feeling of lungs burning, blood in the throat tasting, head pounding came rushing back and I wondered what in the heck I signed myself up for! And to make the experience all that more real we added core work and calf raises. Needless to say laughing, coughing, walking, sitting, sneezing, and ladder climbing all became quite the chore. But of course being the crazy person I am, I went again tonight and it was an entirely different experience...well sort of. The lungs were burning but there was no stopping, the abs still hurt but nothing I can't handle, and the butt muscles are tight but that's not something to complain about ;)
I guess I'll continue on this journey for another 16 wks and then I can finally check a half marathon off my bucket list! Yay for the little successes in life :D
Just some pics
13 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment